Sunday, May 4, 2008

Days Four, Five and Six

4 words: I WANT TO EAT! This is currently how I feel at this point in the cleanse. I really am not hungry at all, sometimes more nauseous then anything else. I just want to taste food, to chew it and enjoy it. I think it is more so the fact that I can't have it as to why I want it so bad. I have decided that I will not be going the full 21 days. At first, I felt like a copout for that decision. But then, after seriously thinking about it, it is unrealistic to expect that much from myself on the first time doing something like this. At this point I do not know exactly how long I will go, that is to be determined based on....poop.

I finally started pooping at least a little yesterday. After work I did a salt water flush [one quart of lukewarm water and 2 tsps of sea salt] and drank it all. Talk about nasty! I felt so gross afterwards and definitely felt bloated and, again, nauseous. It got me going a little bit, not much more then a little liquid coming out my butt. Then last night I drank some smooth move tea which is nothing to brag about. This morning I did another salt water flush. By this point, if you know much about bowel movements, 6 days of lots of cayenne pepper then this massive influx of smooth move and salt water should mean a fantastically moving bowel. Or not! Well, today I got some movement, not as much as I think I should have. Had a bit of diarrhea and some dark brown and dark yellow liquids coming out right along with it. That happened probably 3 times and since then, nothing.

I was doing some light touching on my intestines to help move things along. When I got to the transverse colon [part of the large intestine that goes from below liver to below stomach horizontally, respectively] I felt a little hard part that hurt. Compacted poop! So I rubbed it along and moved it probably half an inch or so. Let's hope it gets broken up by the things I am ingesting.

I also broke down today and drank some cold tea. [aka, iced tea] Had no caffeine and was nice and good for me. I just needed a different taste. It was a very little bit and i probably won't do it again, but today I just had to!

I also have been having mood swings of sorts. What I mean is internal mood swings. It's not like I am happy one minute and a meanie the next, I am stable in that respect. But one second I think to myself "this is okay, I can handle this not eating thing. I can do this." The next second, or maybe a few seconds later, I think, "I can't do this! I need to break this and eat something! I can no longer do this!" It is crazy how it changes. And it is not based on hunger at all. It is based on taste and jealousy I think. [Everyone else gets to eat.....]

I did some researching today for some good recipes. Not just good tasting, but healthy recipes. I got things like Penne with Grilled Balsamic Vegetables, Whole Grain Morning Glory Muffins, All-Natural Taco Seasoning Mix, Spelt Bagels and the one I to share with you guys [I thought this was nifty]:

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Yield 16 Bars

  • 4 cups of quick cooking organic oats
  • 1/3 cup organic canola oil [make sure it is organic, if not use another oil]
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup organic chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped organic nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Spread oats into an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Allow oats to cool to room temperature. Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cooled oats. Spread mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed or oiled, pressing down hard to compact it.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars.


I'm excited to make those sometime. Plus my bajillion other recipes I found. I got all of them from www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes Check that out for other awesome recipes.

No comments: