Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vegan Update

Day 6 - 4/6/11
Thus far, my energy has been very high. Even though I'm tired, because let's face it - I'm a college student, I haven't been yawning and wishing to be in bed the whole day. This is an amazing feeling I thought I would never have, and I hope it continues. I feel like I accomplish a lot more and I don't enjoy sitting down for long periods of time anymore. Times are a changing people!

As far as food goes, things have been going great. I went on a big vegan shopping trip with my vegan-mentor Jenna and now have a lot of options of things to eat. But, you know those days though, that no matter how much food you have, none of it sounds good? Well that was today. Usually when that happens, I'll pop by jimmy john's or get a $5 pizza. What was I supposed to eat at jimmy john's, a lettuce wrap with sprouts and cucumbers in it? And don't even get my started about the pizza issue! Sheesh. Needless to say, it was a rough evening navigating this problem. I talked to Jenna to get some better ideas of things to eat. As much as I love, I mean LOVE hummus, I can't eat it two times a day for the rest of my life; I need variety. So - I need to get more creative. Unfortunately the duration of my time in college will probably be spent eating the same things everyday, but I think I can handle that because it's not much longer.....we'll see.

Anyways, I'm still very pleased with this journey, I just need to equip myself better to deal with these problems. I also need to get over my chocolate addiction, it's not healthy to eat 3 oreos everyday....sometimes more. :]

No comments: